Thursday, July 24, 2014

'Going Round in Circles', performance - Part 1

On Wednesday 30th July 2014 I plan to conduct a solo performance in Tai Tam Country Park, Hong Kong.
I will walk around a circular path, which leads around a small hill, from 9 to 5 - the archetypal working day, stopping for 15 minute breaks in the morning and afternoon and a 1 hour lunch break. I will carry tools that I will not use.
If I am part-way around a circuit when it is time for a break or lunch, I will continue to complete the circuit before beginning the break. The performance will go ahead whatever the weather, unless a typhoon No.8 signal is hoisted and I am unable to catch the ferry to get to the location.

At the end of the day, I will have spent the day traveling without getting anywhere and I will have carried tools without producing anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment